Monday, May 23, 2005

BULLDOG LANE

I have lived at two addresses on Bulldog lane. After I moved out of the dorms after my senior year, right before my super-senior year, I found a cheap, small studio at the east end of the street. Now, the east end of the street is the "Ghetto" side of the street, and apparently there was a lot of drug activity there, and I think there was at least one night with strange people screaming in the night. The funniest thing that I remember was that on my first night sleeping there, I woke up in the middle of the night, unsure of my surrounding, I turned slightly and saw something move out of the corner of my eye, it scared the kim-che out of me and I jerked up in bed and when I jerked up in bed the other thing moved sharply too, It was at that moment that I realized I was seeing my own reflection in the mirrored closets. I laughed nervously to myself and talked myself into going back to sleep. I was still a little creeped out.

After six months I moved down the street to another apartment complex, to a second floor apartment. One morning while I was cutting something in the kitchen I looked up to see someone jump up on the balcony, to steal my roommates bicycle...I walked up to the patio door and argued with the guy to go away, he wanted me to let him out my front door, I told him to get down the way he came up, I wasn't having any, he finally left. I wonder how daunting I looked holding that kitchen knife, wearing my boxers, yeah, real tough.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That's funny, hon. You never told me that story.

I used to live on Bulldog Lane, too. The same complex as you know. I can vouch for you about those mirrored closets. I also scared myself a couple of times in the middle of the night. (Seeing my face in the middle of the night, who wouldn't be scared??!!)

Haha. But, yeah, I totally know what you mean. I probably startled myself at least five times while living there!!