Thursday, April 14, 2005

ZEN

As I sit here comfortably full after eating my Sunrise Kitchen special plate with sweet and sour pork, I look around the office to find something interesting to show you. And am mystically, or magically drawn to the candle I bought from "A" at the Green Goddess and the small Zen Garden that someone gave to "I" who than gave it to me. On a side note, I learned a new Blogging skill from "D" which allows me to talk about people without giving their names, but yet, if they happen to visit my Blog, they will know who I am talking about....cool huh? thanks "R" :)

so anyway, the first time I Zenned, I took all the rocks out of it...mind you this was a much larger small version of an actual Zen garden than the one I have currently, like the Buddhist monks would use if they were smurfs. Suprisingly, I have met quite a few Buddhist Monks in my lifetime...they do this really cool thing with their voices where they can produce two tones at the same time...sometimes I experiment with it, I use the syllable Wah-naa--whooaaa, I think I might be close...maybe i should join up, anyhow I took all of the rocks out of it and then made a very elaborate pattern in the sand with the rake, then I put down the rocks, back into the sand. It was very aestheticall pleasing, in fact I really impressed my buddhist friend, that is until it was discovered that I took out the rocks. "You aren't supposed to take the rocks out...that's part of the whole point" Well whatever, I think you can do it however you want to do it...isn't that kind of what the whole Zen thing is about, finding your own way??

The candle is nice too, but I dont't have a nifty story to go along with it. I have been getting compliments on how nice It makes the office smell, but I also have been craving sweets alot more too. Albertson's had a two for five dollar special on bags of candy, and I bought a bag of Rollo's and a bag of Hershey's miniatures...they are mostly gone now.

No comments: