Friday, April 01, 2005

YO TENGO UN TACO PoR FAVOR

Today I ate at the taco truck (like the one pictured below). Normally these trucks drive up and down the streets in the morning and serve breakfast burritos to the poor Joes and Joses that don't have a Jane or Maria at home to make them breakfast. They also visit construction sites in the afternoon. Usually they have a horn that plays a tune, like "The Mexican Hat Dance" or "La Cookaracha" or "Dixie" or "The overture from William Tell" or "Gustav Holst: The Planets." La Cookaracha is my favorite, becuase Cookaracha is the same as Cockaroach, and that is why we in the construction business call them "Roach Coaches". It is always a good idea to associate your resturant business with scavenging insects because it proves that all the food gets cleaned up one way or another. Anyhow, the one we ate at was immaculate, so I was in no fear for my stomach as I ate my "asada" "tacos." The owners of the taco trucks (one served seafood and the other served all the normal stuff) have bought a corner lot on a busy street and built a nice concrete parking lot with a covered patio to eat under, as well as restrooms, very clean, very nice. My co-workers ordered: "Se hable dos tacos sequentia poquito inglesia campesina yo soy mi vaca cabesa est in la banyo bonita." and of course the reply was "see, est muy grande por suerte est mi nombre" then she turns to me and says "Can I take your order?" So I ordered my tacos in English...but i was jealous of all the "spanish skills". Anyhow, i realize that this is probably not as amusing to you as it was to me, but seeing as these are my inanae ramblings... Anyhow, my stomach is now full of tacos. And I learned that you can put radished on tacos, something I have never done before. I am so daring.

No comments: