Friday, June 24, 2005

IIT'S FRIDAY

I find cellular phones to be quite extrodinary. I remember a time when we were tied to a wall with a curly cord that looked like a pigs tail. Our only phone was tied to the kitchen wall, and you could take it into the garage, because we had a long cord, but you couldn't go much further than right outside the door. Now I have a phone on me that I can take anywhere in the country and still get the calls. It makes me wonder how it all works. How do the calls know to come to my phone...id there a paging system that all other phones are constantly listening into for their number to be called...does a signal get sent to everyphone in my area that falls on deaf recievers except for my phone? Really, if you think about it, and if you don't know how it works, it seems quite perplexing...someone should look that up sometime, but not me, I'm going home. Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristin said...

I'm glad you finally listened to me nagging you about getting a cellphone all those times - looks like it's paid off for you!!!